Thursday 16 April 2009

Post Easter...



I am back home after going to Canberra for the National Folkie over Easter - too tired to do anything right now except edit a few photos, do this blog, fill my hot water bottle, make another cuppa tea and crawl in to bed.

Here are some photos - family and friends; lovely Andy Irvine (who is still waiting for his quilt he reminded me) playing with yung'uns in the Session Bar; Barry, Gail and Wendy playing at the Merry Muse (check out those green boots of Wendy's!!!); giant Bogong Moths wandering around; colourful and enticing stalls with gorgeous things (jewellery, clothing, food...); my second best bloke friend Andrew and his new love Bettina the gorgeous amazing portrait artist from Berlin; wonderful quilts - a detail of Jenny Bowker's Glassblower; Morris Dancers (shudder!); Eric Bogle and John Munro in Budawang on the BIIIIG stage; Callan talking to a tree which had eaten his Dad Tim...
Work out who is what.
I will be back.
xxxx






The best bit was that there are over 300 acres of grounds and I slept in the Iced Volvo (here on right of photo with a green tablecloth over it to keep out scary bright daylight) just at the end of the Grandstand (where the Session Bar is...). So close I was able to think the toilet block was in reality an en-suite.
My red towel pegged to chain lin k gate, and a marquee we used for singing in. Out of the rain...
Bit cosy sleeping in the back seat of the sedan for the first time, I am either 2" too tall or Volvo made the car just not quite wide enough for a swag. Cosy tho...

These photo placings are crap again. I still can't work out how to make them sit where I want them to go.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a good time. Welcome home,

GG