Thursday 23 April 2009

Cooking

I thought this might be a yummy thing to make:

Coconut Chicken

Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 thigh and 1 drumstick)

Ingredients:

  • 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
  • 1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce
  • 1 (14-ounce) can light coconut milk
  • 4 (4-ounce) chicken thighs, skinned
  • 4 (4-ounce) chicken drumsticks, skinned
  • 3/4 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
  • 1/2 cup flaked sweetened coconut
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
  • Cooking spray

Preparation:

Combine first 3 ingredients in a large zip-top plastic bag. Add chicken to bag; seal. Marinate in refrigerator 1 1/2 hours, turning bag occasionally.

Preheat oven to 400°.

Combine panko, flaked coconut, salt, and black pepper in a shallow dish. Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade. Dredge chicken, 1 piece at a time, in panko mixture. Place chicken on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Lightly coat chicken with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 30 minutes or until golden brown. Carefully turn chicken over; bake an additional 30 minutes or until done.

Doesn't that sound pretty good?

I can't remember where I found the recipe so sorry - no credits this time around.

The meat is all lovely and tender for my steak and mushroom pies, it cooked for a few hours on the slow end of the Rayburn yesterday. I shall do the rest tomorrow after the flavours have all melded.

Slow food, mmmm, yum!

Might do some sewing today. I need another snooze first, tho. Pain woke me at 4.30 and I whinged around for a couple of hours and then took some panadeine. Still another 1½ hours before I can take the next dose of the slow release thingies. They arent working so well I don't think.
S4 said I have to remember that just because they are called ANALgesics they aren't suppositories....

No comments: