Saturday 13 March 2010

Quilts

I took some photos of quilts I have made for S2 over the years.

This was for his 18th birthday. It was half square triangles and a charm pack of plaids, lovely gold and Jinny Beyer borders:

And then his 21st which was hexagons made from 60* triangles, but with two strips of orange and turquoise sewn together. I used the hexagons with orange centres for the front of the quilt, and the turquoise centres for the reverse and the borders. From memory about 30 - or more - of each colour, the oranges range from almost pink through to gold at the other end of the spectrum. And the turquoises range from pale blues through to almost indigo.



This is the reverse. I had the shakes when I first slashed the large hexagon!

This was their first house warming quilt which I made before they went overseas:

I shall have to go digging through my archives to find a photo of their Wedding Quilt. This is a good start, however!

I can't believe how much quilting I did on them. Back in the olden days before I got ill and when I had far more energy...

8 comments:

Missie Krissie said...

Yikes you can make some awesome quilts woman! That is SO much work!! I prefer the small, hard to stuff up ones myself! LOL!

Pokey said...

You do have beautiful quilts, here! I love that you shared how hard it was to destroy a hexagon for the shattered ones on the back, that would be me, too! Your design was worth it, though.

AnnieO said...

Wow, the hexagon quilt especially is gorgeous! I love the colors and the quilting. The back...wolf whistle...amazing.

carmel said...

woweee!!!those quilts are just beautiful!!!!
you are a talented gifted woman!

Marva Plummer-Bruno said...

Your quilts are so beautiful!!! I'm so sorry about the loss of your Father-In-Law. Marva

Fran C said...

Lovely colourful quilts and the hexagon in particular.

scg said...

Jasmine, as always, beautiful quilts. You are unfailingly inspiring.
And all my sympathy at the loss of your father-in-law. He sounded like rather a character.

scg said...

...tried to link your post to my blog, but I kept getting error messages Jas? More than likely is me...I will try again tomorrow.