Sunday 1 January 2012

Merry New Year!!!

Merry New Year everyone - I know that 2012 is going to be a much better year than last year. Has to be...

However, I am already over summer this year. Today is 40*, tomorrow is going to be even hotter. That is enough summer for me.

 When it is cold you can always add another layer. Or go to bed. Or both...
But when it is like this there is a legal - and aesthetic - limit to what you can peel off...

Just been flopping on the couch reading and doing not very much else. Lots of water. Not even able to do all the net things that are so much fun in winter as this little notebook gets so HOT. In winter it is just cosy and warm.

I will show you what I have been knitting another day (two circles from Nicky Epstein's "Knitting in Tuscany" of her Tuscan Sun Shawl to make a pot holder, a stray ball of wool in Cross Stitch to make a belt for a skinny neice, and another pair of socks for the boy off to Germany).

Stay cool. Envying you if you have snow...

2 comments:

Del Soden said...

Best wishes and many happy and fulfilling accomplishments for 2012 for you too Jasmine. May gladness and joy embellish your life.
I'm glad I met you.
Cheering
D.

Maria said...

I heard about the expected temperatures in Victoria at the moment...hopefully they won't last long and you'll get some cooler days soon.