Friday 29 October 2010

It maybe Halloween but really it is...

MALDON FOLK FESTIVAL!!!!

Hooray! It is that time of the year again when we all sit on the side of Mt Tarrengower and listen to wonderful music!

Here is a video of what life is like over a Maldon Folkie weekend, too:




It is just the BEST Festival - like a family reunion except you like everyone...

I am not one to ever whinge about rain but I would like to mention that there is up to 75mm (3") of rain forecast for the next two days with flood warnings, and sheep grazier alerts (where sheep farmers have to bring newly shorn sheep into shelter so they don't die from shock, etc) as well as all sorts of other sensible things like moving stock and equipment to higher ground.
I have planted seeds out in the garden - made another little bed around the bird bath.
And did three loads of washing so everything will be all dry and lovely before the cold and rain begin.

And you wont be hearing anything of me for a few days - I am Door Bitch at the Anglican Church again all day tomorrow. I have done this same security job for 10 or 12 years now. I really should be due for Long Service Leave... I was hoping it was going to be this year. Sigh.

Have a lovely weekend - see you at Maldon!

No comments: