Wednesday 18 November 2009

Photos


Here are some photos from the weekend that I didn't get to add in on Monday's post.










This is Edna the Axe Murderer cuddling a koala.
Please note no actual koalas were harmed in this photo shoot...
This koala was made by Mum's Uncle Shig (Sid) Bayliss who was a famous tanner, saddler and whipmaker in Tumut. He shot the kangaroo, tanned the hide and made this koala for me when I was a tiny baby.

We don't get to see too many left hand drive vehicles up our road...


















And here is the Axe Murderer, and her DH, and The Kid.
Yep, some of my quilts hanging there.
Actually - quilt tops...















And this is the wonderful dessert I made.
Jelly (jello for your Americans) made from cranberry juice and pomegranate juice with a dash of rose water. I reduced about 500 mls of the pomegranate juice to 200 mls - so it was a thick syrup with intense flavour.
Thickened it with a few envelopes of gelatine, and then cut it into cubes when it had set.
The dessert is made to your liking with crushed meringue, dollops of extra good icecream (this one had caramel clumps in it), globs of cream, strawberries sliced finely and added to thawed mixed berries, with the cranberry jelly on top.

It is sort of based on Eton Mess - have a Google for more ideas...

I might have to go make some afternoon tea. I don't think there is any jelly left, but there is icecream. And cream. And meringue and berries...
I can justify it. It is heading to 40*C again today....

No comments: