Friday 10 July 2009

Friday's Fearless Flaunting(s)


Friday's Fearless Flaunting is some house blocks I have been working on. All scrappy yellows, scrappy red chimneys, with I Spy doors and windows, nad now I am adding lovely blue sky on three sides and different scrappy green gardens on the bottom. I have got about 35 or so blocks made so far - there will be more!
Colour is really hideous - the battery is a bit tired tonight in the camera...
The blocks are 11", maybe there will be sashing too...

And some yearnings:
I have wanted one of these ironing presses since forever, and also one of those irons with a reservoir so the steam NEVER finishes. Always far too expensive until this week when Aldi had a super spesh (and I see the press is exactly the same as the Sunbeam one - except for the price...he he he).
Haven't used them yet, but I DID unpack them today and admire them.
There are ironing piles around this place to make Uluru envious.

Ah well, there is a week's income spent in a sensible manner....


And on Wednesday Smellie 4 and his darling girl friend went to Japan for a month. There is a solar eclipse, and a music festival, and the Bullet Train doing 500 kms in 70 mins and climbing Mt Fuji in the night to be able to see the dawn, and staying for a week with friends in Kyoto who have the loan of a 300 year old house.

Travelling light lessons:
S4 had the clothes he was wearing - jeans, tshirt, jacket, hiking boots, and 7 pairs each socks and underpants, 2 tshirts, shorts and a pair of Dunlop Volleys. Gorgeous GF had much the same and two tiny scrunched up silk skirts.
I am so impressed! That really is the way to travel. (Tho I have been around the world and to work in Thailand for 12+ months with just carry-on back in the day when you could carry on a decent and realistic amount of stuff!!!!)

6 comments:

Unknown said...

GeeZ - got caught in a cyber web! Try again ! Do you really want a beeping iron again!?

Unknown said...

Hey Smellie4 is a cute looking baby - well done Jas

Liz said...

Why did I miss the bargain of the irons, I have always wanted one too, don't know why 'cos ironing is the one thing I HATE to do if it's not sewing related, lol.

AnnieO said...

Are you making those house blocks for a certain swap I might know about? I hope so! Your Smellie is getting very big and all that travel should make him a well rounded human!

Julie said...

Love the house blocks! You and I are Iron Twins, I just bought the steam station, not the press. Loving it!

Miriam said...

Love your blog. Those house blocks look great.:)