Saturday 11 February 2012

Painting

I started this picture last year.
And then got too blaaah to add more to it.
It is a canvas that I added words to with cheap sticky letters (from the Cheap Shop) and then painted over.

The letters are going to be turquoise (in the same way that the canvas is "orange". (It is reds and pinks and yellows and golds!*). Getting there...


There are some shapes in the blanks spots - map of Australia, butterfly, heart, bow, flowers - that will be highlighted. Maybe even gold leafed. I will see what it needs when I get to it.


I also painted up a star that S4 made years ago and which has been stuck out in the garden since forever. Time for a change...



You can see where the turquoise and orange thing is heading with the background paintings. I didn't do them. The face is a print that S4 got from his father as an 18th birthday present (apparently he has (umm had) the original at his place until S4 "got his own place" or some such...). It looks like my tall fiddle playing mate Andrew Clermont. 

And the RH painting is by an Iranian refugee who sells his work on The Esplanade Sunday Market. It is fabulous, I love the perspective, the painting within a painting.     

There is a glimpse of the cream/gold painting that I did on 10/10/10 with 3 sets of ten hearts, three Xs, 10/10/10 etc. It is a bit obscure I think. Last time someone looked at it I had to explain it and I shouldn't have to do that with paintings...



* I discovered 7 different tubes and jars of golds - not counting the box of gold leaf - when I consolidated my paints...

No comments: